Saturday, October 24, 2009

Paranormal? My Ass!

Almost exactly 2 years ago in Oct 2007, I wrote this post on my old Multiply blog. In that post, I recalled an incident in my childhood where I went to watch a qigong demonstration. The mental image of that demonstration stayed with me ever since and I've wondered for years, how did he do it?

One fine day, I just happened to figure it out. Confident that I have the correct answer, I wrote my conclusions in that blog post but to date, I have yet to have a chance to witness a similar event in order to prove my own hypothesis.

Recently, I chanced upon a video of an 'energy blast demonstration' (WTF, phrase also macam comic book) that is similar to the above qigong crap.



The mechanics is simple. The first 'lifting' is carried out in completely different circumstances from the second 'lifting'. Watch the video, use a bit of logic, and you'll what I mean.


Feels good; satisfying myself with debunking the bogus nonsense above. Today, I've also become more convinced that in the most part, 'practitioners' of Traditional Chinese Medicine are just full of bullcrap and we as Chinese (or even Asians in general) have for generations been misled and conned big time. I'll put in writing why a lot of the things the Chinese believe in are utter lies. Will do so when I have the energy and time.

5 comments:

JW said...

its something like the power of the mind. u can make things happen if u put heads into it...

like what see seong said, doctors give u medicine which doesn't really cure ur condition but since the doctor tells u that it does and u believed him, so somehow u feel better (tats how most consultant cheat our $$$)

Devil said...

I guess it's more like people didn't know what is real TCM and get conned by the quacks.

begMERAH said...

hey Justin! La-ong here :D:D:D:D If you remember me. Haha! Just dropping by :DDD

Justin Ho said...

haha.. Joyce! How are you? Haven seen you for 20 years i believe!

begMERAH said...

WAH! THAT LONG!? Actually I think so too XD XD It's been super ages! Where are you now?