Thursday, November 27, 2008

Muallaf


Most of us would have been familiar with the Malaysian movie Sepet by now.

If you're living in this part of the world and haven't seen it, please do yourself a favour and get acquainted with the moving story and memorable characters that define the movie.

Sepet, as well as its sequels Gubra and Mukshin, is written and directed by Yasmin Ahmad. Both sequels are movies I've yet to get the chance to watch.


But the good news is, the latest Yasmin Ahmad movie opens today at the PictureHouse. And guess what? It stars Yeo Yann Yann, one of my fav actress. Too bad she's gay. Sigh.. at least that's what I read somewhere..


Here's a trailer on Youtube. Now, see you at the movies!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

justin, come on saturday either for the 1, 3, or 5pm show and you'll see me and my actress there. come and say hello and identify yourself, k?

see ya!

Justin Ho said...

Yasmin! Oh My Gosh! How is this even possible?

Thanks for dropping by! Will definitely be catching this movie. Cya then :-)

And thanks.. for the courage to do what you do. I really admire your determination.

sanball said...

are you serious?? is that really yasmin?

Justin Ho said...

haha.. now you got the photo to prove it huh?

Anonymous said...

hey... i need to see sepet... you gotta loan me me DVD!!!

Justin Ho said...

JW... ijust watched the DVD.. it's the censored version.. i'll tell you where to get the uncensored version yeah :-)

Anonymous said...

Got uncensored version one ah? Haha... I think I kept my fren's DVD for dunno how long and I still have not watched it =P.