Thursday, December 04, 2008

Chut Chut Yum Yum

There's this place near my block that sells a decent mee rebus (kinda like mee jawa for those in Kuching). It's actually a stall in a HDB-ground-level-kopitiam run by a Malay lady. Recently, I took a look at their selection of Singapore style Nasi Padang dishes. The one dish that caught my eyes was Chut-Chut! The Malay community here calls it Siput Sedut (or Siput Sedut Sedut sometimes)

The one near my block is really quite good. I ordered a rice-bowl portion for $1.50 to go with my nasi lemak.


The first time I had the chut-chut, it was served as masak lemak. I was there again today, and this time the Malay lady prepared it as Masak Lada Merah. This time, I had a bowl to go with my kaya-butter-toast. Hmmm, a bit weird but.. whatever! Either way she cooks it; very spicy. Shiok ah!


The photos were taken using my Nokia 6500 Slider. Low tech, low rest, no macro-shot but at least can see something. Oh and don't bother to google the little fellas. They are known as cerithidea obtusa and they look like aliens!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh, I have great pride in my Nokia 6500 slide phone! Why you ikut² get the same phone as me one??

Vampire said...

if i'm not mistaken, it's called balitung here in penang.

sanball said...

haha this is turning into a food blog =)

Justin Ho said...

haha.. maybe i had the phone earlier than u k Rohana!

haha.. balitung and balitung are actually different species. But most of the time, no one looks closely enough to differenciate them and they taste the same haha!

Hey Sanball, I've been avoiding posting things about food k. Else there will be more food stuffs haha!